The marriage contract in Russia
The marriage contract in Russia - the agreement of the persons entering into marriage, spouses or agreement, defining property rights and responsibilities of spouses in marriage and (or) at its dissolution
Mode of ownership:
In respect of property acquired by the spouses during marriage, the mode of the joint property. To the common property of the spouses include:
- the income of each spouse from employment, business activities and results of intellectual activities, they received pensions, allowances and other cash payments without special target destination (sums of material assistance, amounts paid in compensation for damage in connection with disablement owing to a mutilation or other impairment of health, etc.);
- acquired through General revenues spouses movable and immovable things, securities, shares, deposits, shares in capital, brought in credit institutions or in other commercial organizations;
- any property acquired by spouses during the marriage property regardless of in whose name of the spouses it was acquired in the name of whom or who from spouses deposited funds.
The marriage contract in Russia property regime can be changed in relation to:
- all property of spouses;
- certain types of property;
- property of each spouse.
The marriage contract can be set:
- the regime of joint ownership (for example, to specify that joint assets will be considered only the car);
- the regime of common ownership (indicate which spouse will belong to, for example, only 1/3 of the purchased apartment);
- regime of separate property (for example, when the property acquired by spouses during the marriage will remain the property of the spouses, who have purchased or registered).
You can also define the property that will be transferred each of spouses in case of divorce.
Telephone number of Moscow family lawyers: +7-916-747-87-92